Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My awful day and the recovery

Yesterday I didn´t write anything, I know, but believe me that it was impossible to me.

The day started like that: the weather seemed to be hot and sunny (how gullible!) but I actually didn´t feel well. I had a headache and a principle of having a cold. Anyway, I was excited to find out how the new subject would be. I tried to draw strength to attend to Communication in Organisations as I told you.

Although the professor was quite nice and tried to encourage people to think as a PR would do, I was not motivated at all because I found it not interesting at all.

You can imagine my situation (sick, unmotivated and suffering from the worse weather I have ever seen, what it was a sunny day had become a depressing, grey, rainy day). I tried to talk AGAIN to my coordinator because I was dissapointed and worried because I had to choose another subject with the same credit points, interesting and acceptable for my home institution. Looking for my ideal new unit, I found some cool ones but I wanted them to fit in my schedule.

I have to thank to my coordinator who was really nice to me and help me to decide whether I should choose.
Eventually, I decided to try with Public Relations and Media Industries for Journalists because I like Public Relations but always related to Journalism. Fortunately, I will attend to these classes in the second semester so I´m even more free than I was before.

Having Making Magazines as my second lecture in the day was also a positive aspect because although I had never designed online magazines before I really liked it.

Despite the fact that I was sick and tired, I decided to have dinner with my friends from Alicante (I will upload some photos) but anything else. They went out and I went to the residence with the purpose of relaxing and forgetting the stressful day.

As you can imagine, I missed you all so much.


Today everything was different. Well, not everything because I am still sick ( the weather in freezing, as in winter) but almost. I woke up at 8.30 because I had to go to other new class: Broadcast Journalism at 10.00.
I just can say that it was great!! I am really happy because I found an appealing unit!

Although it was our first class on this subject, the professor gave us recorders to interview people from the university and make a vox pop ("The vox pop is a tool used in many forms of media to provide a snapshot of public opinion", http://www.mediacollege.com/video/interviews/voxpops.html). The lecture was very active, entertaining and something that I like because it is really useful (students here don´t study as much theory as in Spain, but degrees are more focused on the practical aspects).Besides all this, I've been lucky enough to do the interview with a very nice classmate who helped me to communicate in English.

The second lecture was Global Media Industries. It´s a subject of the highest level and I think it will be hard to pass but as I´m quite interested in this subject, I will try. The first lecture will deal with political economy, the Classical view of Adam Smith and the Critical Theory by Karl Marx.

I will tell you about about this in more detail but now I am going to take a hot soup and my medicines to try to get over completely.


xoxo


1 comment:

  1. It seems as if you are trying to improve your English, of course I know it's just to tell me: Hey, who speaks better English now?.
    Don't worry my dream, I will be a hard competitor.
    It´s a joke, I'm very, very proud of you because you look like a native girl.
    Congratulations dream.

    ReplyDelete