Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Solved problem & Glow Party & Salisbury

Despite all the mess with the subjects, in the end I chose a unit with my schedule and that, as far as it goes, it´s quite interesting. It´s called Magazine Design and I´m sure it´s well known for you because it sounds like another unit I am studying, Making Magazines. At first, I was reluctant to choose it because I thought the content would be too similar but it was the only one which could be fixed in the timetable. I had considered all the possibilities so I had no choice but to accept. I wanted to start the subject because I wanted to know what it was going to be about. The lecturer explained that this subject is more related to fashion and he will teach us some new design programs. We must take our own pictures and write our articles. I realized that it was very different from the other subjects so I was calm. The teacher is very young and but I see he seems quite strict. I'll tell you more about him as I get to know. Otherwise, the week has been fairly quiet because there were just some presentations of the subjects. In general, I liked them all, especially Broadcast Journalism; although I already had it before, now we are starting to drive professional video cameras and it´s more directed towards the world of television. Apart from that, on Wednesday we had another party because it was the birthday of a colleague, the Glow Party. We had a very good time, as usual and it was different because the girl decorated her house with great detail. After the flat party we went to the pub, Bliss. There were lots of people and we were all enjoying ourselves like children. I put some pics here. 

                                           The birthday girl
                                           Me with some friends in Bliss


During the week, we had been planning a trip for Saturday. We thought to go to Brighton, Bristol but we finally chose Salisbury because it was closer to Southampton and we saw that it was a better option because we just wanted to spend one day there. It is a small but very pretty, typical English city. The shame is that it was very cold. Anyway we were about thirty people and the freezing walks became pleasant ones.




                               

No comments:

Post a Comment