Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gym Days and Spanish Dinner

I´m here again to tell you everything about my last two days. I don´t know why but this week is being longer than others.

On Monday (which is my day off, as you´ll probably know) I went to the gym with Evelin. After having gone around every gym in Southampton, we decided to sign in The Quays which we think is the best one because of its facilities and price (£25 if you go there before 4pm).
Believe me when I say that I know what I´m talking about because we went to every gym during 2 weeks until we made the decision.
Once we signed in, we went directly to the G-cycle class (what we called as "Spinning" in Spain). It was the first time that I went to this class and it was really hard but worth it! The professor was quite strict but nice and very understanding when she realised that I was a beginner.
In the evening, we attend to the gym again. This time we were working out (cycle, weights, sit-ups...) so as you can imagine, we ended up very tired. Eventually, we went home because the only thing left to do was rest.


Yesterday, I went again to the gym (don´t think that I´m obsessed with working out, it´s simply the novelty) and I practised Body Pump: "a class using barbells and adjustable weights to tone and condition muscles while raising metabolic rate for rapid fat-burning" (activenation.org.uk). The trainer was the same as in G-cycle and I like her way to do sports because she takes it seriously and she made us work out hard. After that, I came back to my residence and I had lunch quickly because I had classes at 3.00. The classes were OK, anything really special. The only thing is that I find Making Magazines a little bit complicated for me because I had never used designing tools in my computer.
The most interesting thing yesterday was the Spanish dinner or "cena del día de la Hispanidad" (here, any excuse is good enough to organize an event). We were about 30 people and we cooked typical Spanish food (Mediterranean salad, Spanish Omelette, Tomato soup or "gazpacho", typical Canary dessert...). Everything was delicious and we enjoyed very much!



Now, I´m going to the gym, as usual, to so LBT ("GAP" in Spain): "toning class focusing on those
problem areas from the waist down" (activenation.org.uk). I will tell you when I came back.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are crazy pekeña!!!

    Te vas a quedar en los huesos con tanto gimnasio y tanta cosa!!!

    Espero tu respuesta a mi mensaje del tuenti...YA!!!

    I miss you a lot!!!
    : )
    Muak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment pequeña!
    te echo un montón de menos!
    Tranki que casi no hago cardio solo tonificacion pero yo creo qe esto es solo la emocion del principio...

    1 beso enorme

    ReplyDelete