Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Asda, Theatre and Magazine´s work

Hey guys! I´m here again! Let´s recap!

On Monday, I woke up late and I had breakfast reading some Spanish news. Afterwards, I talked to some of my flatmates to go shopping. We need some food and the cheapest supermarket, Asda, is quite far so we decided to go together to take a taxi because we usually buy food for the whole week and it´s too heavy to carry it on our own. We bought lots of things and the supermarket was plenty of people because we were at 4 and it´s a rush hour here, in England. We took a taxi which cost really cheap and we went back to the residence to put all our stuff in order. Afterwards, of course, I went to the gym with some of my friends, it was Body Combat´s time! It was really good as usual and we could loose touch with the routine! Then, we were so tired (although we are already used to practise it) so we went to sleep very early.

On Tuesday, I had a very intensive day because I has to be at the uni at 10 and the Journalistic marathon finished at 3! We should ask people what they think about some questions that we had written the week before, edit the vox pop and write an opinion article about the topic we have chosen. My qestion was: Southampton has a very high level of school truancy, how can you think it can be stopped?. I went with some classmates with our recorders to the nearest park and many people answered our qestions. There were not tricky ones so people didn´t care about being honest. After finishing all those things, we went to the theatre (activity organised by the uni) and we saw The Big Fellah. It was quite difficult to understand because the actors were Irish talking in American accent but I could guess lots of things because I has studied the plot before. I put here one review so that you can see how the play was: http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2010/sep/27/the-big-fellah-review.

On Wednesday, I went to visit the Southampton docks. We usually go through the centre and forget that we live in a maritim city! The weather was sunny so it was very beautiful. Then I went to my classes og Making Magazines and they were great!! We started to plan the new magazine we are gonna write. The first two weeks it will be a music magazine. Let´s me explain you the idea. We are separated in two teams, one member of each team choose one topic of those which the lecturer gave us and that person will be the editor of his magazine. Therefore, we will be doing eight magazines (as many as memebers in each group are) and we are going to start with music. I chose Health and Fitness but I won´t be the editor of the magazine until February so I have time enough to think about my strategies. Being the editor means that your are the boss of your magazine and you have to tell the journalists who work in your company what they should write about. In my case, my magazine will be a  Health and Fitness Magazines and I will be able to tell each member of the group what I want them to write.
I hope it´s clear for you!! When I came back to my residence I was so excited and I was looking for information about Music, which is the topic of the next Magazine! Afterwards, I went to sleep!

And now I´m writing because I don´t have classes from 10:00 to 12:00 because we already did everything for today in the Journalistic marathon on Tuesday. Anyway, I keep my classes from 12:00 to 14:00.
I will tell you then!

xoxo

1 comment: