Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tuesday, Wednesday and hard Thursday

On Tuesday, I just have one-hour lecture of Newspaper, Magazine and online Journalism. As I told you I liked it a lot! I think it´s my favourite subject right now and apart from being really interesting the professor is nice and helpful. He told us to do an assignment for Wednesday and I became a little bit nervous because it was the first one. Anyway, he understood my "Erasmus situation" and told be not to be worried. We had to read a paper about Randall´s news criteria (Randall, D; The universal journalist 3rd ed, 2007) and compare it with the front page splash of a local newspaper. I chose the Daily Echo and I could see how the main piece of news fulfilled the Randall´s rules of newsworthines. It was a very enjoyable activity and I will tell you about my feedback.

Although I only have 3 hours of Making Magazines on Wednesday, I was busy because this week is my turn to clean the shared kitchen and dining room so I woke up and I did some houseworking. Afterwards, I decided to go to the library I had been advised to read some articles about specific subjects to understand them better.
We hadn´t talk about going out, actually, I was a little bit tired after my 3-hour lecture (by the way, I realised that I had another lecture on Tuesday and my coordinator hadn´t told me anything about that. So yes, I missed two importante classes and I have one hour lecture more). However, Miriam told me that we should go out because there was a party in Oceana, the biggest disco of Southampton and we couldn´t miss it. Eventually, we decided to go there and it was really good although there was a concert and we didn´t know who the singer was lol.( I download some photos)



And here you have, that´s why I´m so tired today. Besides, I have been 6 hours at the uni in a stressful day. I say that because the unit Global Media Industries is really hard for me. Actually, it´s interesting and I like it but we have to do so much work. Today we talked about "Neo-liberal" and "Keynesian" theories and it´s quite tricky having into account that it´s, obviously, in English. Anyway, I hope I will succeed.
Now, I have just had dinner with my flatmates and it´s Skype time. Then I will follow reading "Eat pray love" by Elisabeth Gilbert and I will go to bed because tomorrow my first lecture is at 9!! See you all
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Nice English girl. I see that it's true, you are impriving. In a few days I'll have a week to get your level and if I can(of course I'll be able) I'll try to pass you.
    Keep learning and focus on the university not in the erasmus(this is a personal request,lol).
    Miss you much more than you think.

    ReplyDelete